Fishing is a skill which involves catching fish from selected spots around Rune1. Higher Fishing levels enable different mechanisms of Fishing, the ability to catch a larger selection of fish and increases a player's catch rate. Caught fish may be cooked through the Cooking skill to create food which may be used later to regain Hitpoints during combat. Alternatively, many players sell their excess stock of catches for gold.
The Fishing Guild is located in a fenced area north of East Ardougne. To enter, players must have a Fishing level of 68, it is the best location to fish as the fishing spots are a few steps away from a bank.
Locations of fishing shops where players can buy supplies are:
- Gerrant's Fishy Business in Port Sarim
- Harry's Fishing Shop in Catherby
- Fishing Guild Shop in the Fishing Guild
- Lovecraft's Tackle in Witchaven
- Fernahei's Fishing Hut in Shilo Village
- Fremennik Fishmonger in Rellekka
Players need the right kind of equipment to catch the fish they want. Fishing equipment can be purchased in fishing shops.
|Equipment||Bait||Level Required To Use||Fish Caught|
|Small Fishing Net||None||1||Raw Shrimp||Raw Anchovies|
|Fishing Rod||Fishing Bait||5||Raw Sardine||Raw Herring|
|Raw Pike||Slimy Eel|
|Fly Fishing Rod||Feather||20||Raw Trout||Raw Salmon|
|Harpoon||None||35||Raw Tuna||Raw Swordfish||Raw Shark|
|Lobster Pot||None||40||Raw Lobster|
|Karambwan Vessel||None||65||Raw Karambwan|
Players can catch fish with various fishing tools and bait at the following locations:
Net and Bait Fishing Spots
- Draynor Village - To the southwest of Draynor Village's bank are some fishing spots. Here, players can net and bait fish. It is a great place to start fishing as there is a bank nearby. However, be cautious of the Dark Wizard who will aggro low leveled players
- Al Kharid - There are some shrimp fishing spots south of the Al Kharid bank, approximately as far as the fishing spots in Draynor Village are from the bank.
- Catherby - Along the southeastern shore.
Lure and Bait Fishing Spots
- Barbarian Village - On the eastern side of the village is the River Lum. In the river are some fishing spots where players can lure and bait fish. Players can bank in Edgeville which is close by.
- Lumbridge - In the centre of Lumbridge is the River Lum. In the river are some spots where players can lure and bait fish.
- Tree Gnome Stronghold - Close to a bank.
- Shilo Village - Close to a bank.
Cage and Harpoon Fishing Spots
- Karamja - Behind the banana plantation on the northern part of the island is a small dock that has fishing spots where players can harpoon, cage, or net fish. Unfortunately a bank is very far away, and players have to pay 30 coins to go to the island and 30 coins to leave the island.
- Catherby - Along the southeastern shore. Close to a bank
- Rellekka - Very useful if fighting in the area due to the lack of bank.
- Fishing Guild - Requires 68 Fishing. Very close to a bank.